a1730: Oops! Where were we? (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Oops! Where were we?
It is about time for Haitian people to take their
destiny into their own hands. If there were unity
among Haitian people, the 500 million dollars loan
that are being blocked would not shake the country a
bit but my friends we are so divided that we have
allowed foreigners to even dictate us when we should
meet or resume a nonsense negotiation.
	Without any doubt, there were some irregularities in
the last election, instead blocking the country we
could have put structure in place in order to prevent
a such reoccurrence in the next congressional and
presidential election.
At this present not a single effort has been made to
fix the electoral system, the current Haitian
president had created his own CEP while still a
civilian (at that time, he was a president elect but
he did not sworn in therefore the only person who
could have formed that ?bidon? CEP was Mr. Preval ((
by the way Mr. Preval is a brilliant politician, he
had managed to get out from this shame unhurt and
nobody talks about him)  I call it ?bidon? because
that CEP was not created according the Haitian
constitution. It was a poor judgment from the lavalas
President.  also it was a poor judgement for the
convergence to appoint its own president.
Haiti est en train de vivre dans l?irréel du present;
The state had bought a 1.7 million US dollars castle
for the Prime minister, now the new prime minister
refuses to live in that haunted house citing the
constitution does not require him to live in it.  The
Duc of Tabarre had never spent a night in the national
palace either may be he is still afraid of Duvalier.
What do you see happening?
and this is my friends how we get distracted. we start
something, we embrace everything else by the time to
where we had started which is a lack of focus.
Oops where were we?  just forget about it, nobody
knows
Start new.
1) Reestablish trust among various sectors: to do that
: create a reconciliation committee like the one in
South Africa . I believe we can find at least a good
citizen to lead that committee.
2) Let this committee deals with all crimes that had
taken place from Magloire to Aristide until April 25,
2002
3) Free all prisoners by providing a conditional
amnesty, that person must appear in front of the
reconciliation committee to confess or deny his
crimes.  This book must remain seal for the next 60
years, by that time not a single individual belonging
in this generation would be alive.   Let the grand
grand children deal with it.
Why: Today we see only people who are not tied to the
government are being jailed, many criminals are
walking on the street in or outside of Haiti.  They
are in Miami, Orlando, NY, Montreal, Venezuela and the
one who is responsible of the death of Michelle Talles
( yep a beautiful lady who was chilling out with a
former young Haitian tyrant acid was thrown on her
face)
We have to accept the fact that we have indeed failed;
now, it is time to reset the clock.
Check out what is going to happen if we do not that
that route; when this government is no longer in
power, charges will be brought, the Lavalas leader
will be put to jail like Mrs Herta Trouillot, Mr.
Avril and so on and that vicious cycle will continue.
I believe it was a grave mistake to jail Mrs.
Trouillot, the first woman President. Two former US
presidents could have served some jail time: Mr. Nixon
and Mr. Clinton but at the end a deal was brokered
with the state prosecutor to prevent that, this is
understandable.
In Haiti, by behaving irresponsibly we had started a
bad precedence, the next president if he/she comes
from another party will make sure that the departing
president spends some time in jail. We should reverse
this trend or we are going to play eternally the law
of the jungle.

Senou