a1741: Zora Neale Hurston Film ; CD (fwd)

From: Jim Frisken <jfrisken@hotmail.com>

I saw a rather cryptic reference to a film made in Haiti by Zora Neale
Hurston, presumably in the 1930s.  Anyone ever see this film?  Film maker
Julie Dash was also mentioned so I'm not certain who made the film.   (Also
saw a photo of Hurston playing a rada style Haitian drum).

On the Amazon.com web site there is an interesting double CD called New York
City: Global Beat of the Boroughs, featuring the ethnic musics of NYC.  It
includes a cut by the Makandal group and one by the New York State Haitian
Interdenominational Mass Choir.    Looks interesting!