a1752: Upset in France may spell trouble for Haiti (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Upset in France may spell trouble for Haiti

Nobody knows what may happen between now and May 5 for
the run off between the current French President Mr.
Jacques Chirac and Jean-Marie Le Pen. Mr. Le Pen is
against immigrant and his views are too far rights, if
elected he will hamper the relationship between France
and various third world countries. This morning, many
French liberal had called for the people to vote
against Mr. Le Pen and the margin between this extreme
right and the president is too slim.  This election
can go either way.  Well the French citizen have
spoken, the young generation had voted for Le Pen and
if Mr. Le Pen is elected, he would cut the France
financial support to Haiti.
Well one might say why we are concern about who get
elected in the Presidency in France or in the US and
Canada, my friends if Gore were elected, the democrat
would not block the 500 million dollars loan earn
legally to Haiti.
Defending a country supersedes everything else. This
current government that is crying today about this
artificial embargo had given the clearance for the
international community to impose an embargo (1991-94)
to satisfy individual ego not to help the country.
Today, these folks are paying the consequences of
their inconsequence. The sad part, real people are
suffering from it.
Lavalas family had made a huge mistake, that political
group should have sent someone else in the election.
I?m not talking about qualification, once you have
reached your 35th birthday, enjoy your citizenship,
own a property, you can be a candidate. Period. The
constitution does not mention that you have to go to
school or receive a formal education. I don?t believe
such school exists: how to become president. Which
means the Lavalas leader can be president but once you
know your name has become a distraction, a wise
individual would take the back seat whether you are
right or wrong, sometimes one can be more effective in
the background than in the public view.
Fact: as long as Mr. Saddam Hussein is in power in
Iraq the economic embargo will remain in place; as
long as Mr. Jean Bertrand Aristide remains in power,
the lavalas government will not receive a dime from
this current US administration, my friends, it is a
known fact. I bet with you if Mr. Saddam Hussein is
overthrown or died today the UN will meet the same day
to cancel the embargo.
Our biggest dilemma in Haiti, we focus everything on a
single individual which means we don?t really have a
vision. What would happen if that person dies today or
paralyzed or someone who has a member of his/her
family victim has decided to get even.

The lavalas leader could have helped the country but
personal ego will prevent him to do so, he should call
a general election and exit peacefully. He is a tough
call but only a wise leader will take that route.
Daniel Fignole, the most popular Haitian ever lived in
this world had accepted the presidency despite
knowingly it was a way to get rid of him, but he did
not want the country to be occupied. He was a truth
Patriot, from Duvalier up to the current government;
we cannot find a leader who can fill his shoes.

NB: for immigrant Mr. Jacques Chirac is the best
Choice