a1775: A unique Opportunity for Haitians in Atlanta

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

A Unique Opportunity

Our generation has been presented with a unique
opportunity to launch the country, to launch the
community where you live. May 18, 2003 and January 1st
 , 2004 shall be celebrated by everyone, which means
Adventists, Baptists, Catholics, Jehovah witness,
Protestants, voodooists, atheists and so on shall get
together for these two important events. Our ancestors
had created an union on May 18, six months later
November 18, 1803, we had become the first black
nation in the new world.
I wish that we all could get together and reiterate
this historic exploit.  I would like to see all
Haitian organizations, centers and professionals, all
Haitians churches, Pastors to get together to do
something meaningful for that occasion.
Our ancestors had done it 200 years ago, thanks God we
live in Atlanta where most of our Haitians compatriots
are not new comers but established people who
understand the system.
These two events are not going to limit to Haitian, we
Haitians shall take that opportunity to introduce us
positively in this community ipso facto let others
know as well ? Sa nou genyin nan jackout nou?.
Yes, we have our indifferences; we differ in our
political beliefs, faith and how we were raised.  You
will see that in every single community in the world.
Our ancestors also had their indifferences, first some
were slaves, some were free, some came from different
countries and so on; they had managed to overcome all
barriers and left us this piece of land once known as
?la Perle des Antilles?

I know how divided we are, failing to recognize it
will make it difficult to get together. Yes, we are
divided on many issues, yes we have tendency to link
everything to politic which is a mistake. Can we get
together? yes, we can.
Oops, after what so and so had done, seating next to
him or her to do something!!!
Well my friends, this is going to be a professional
relationship, we are professional, we must behave like
the Pro.  The protocol must be respected, like in the
workplace.
Now how to prepare your community for this occasion
If a group had already launched that idea join that
group don?t try to do anything parallel by citing
religion, tradition or so on this is nonsense and you
know that. You own it to your community, it cannot be
only ?me, me? somebody else can initiate something
also and you should support it.
May 18, 2003 will fall in a cool day: Sunday and
January 1st 2004 a Thursday, I urge each of you to get
united for these two key dates, I don?t know if that
union will last forever. I would like to see a
gigantesque celebration wherever we live. Please
Adventist, protestant, and catholic and so on, refrain
from using religion to further divide the people. Oh
we are going to do it in a sanctify way, si les
Affranchis, les mulatres, les nouveaux libre avaient
pensé ainsi on serait toujour dans l?esclavage en
1804.
Je vous invite tous à vous joindre ensemble pour
commemorer 18 Mai 2003 et 1er Janvier 2004.

On May 18, 2002, you are invited to take part in a
special session: A Salute to our ancestors from 7:00
PM to 9:30 PM. You will receive a questionnaire about
what you would like seeing done in Metro Atlanta for
May 18, 2003 and Jan 1st , 2004 and how you can
participate. Haitian Community Relation in Atlanta
will be proud to organize and sponsor these two key
events; we call all to join us to do something
meaningful for our Haitian Community in Atlanta.
if you plan to attend please send an email to
HAITIAN_ATL@yahoo.com

Joseph Alfred, Educator
P.O. BOX 334
Smyrna, GA 30081