a1793: Haitians eat kangaroo's?Re:a`786: Australia Takes Haitians (fwd)

From: Haldor Noss <hbnoss@worldnet.att.net>

At 04:16 PM 4/25/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Cuban, Haitian refugees taken
>By Maria Hawthorne
>23apr02
>
>AUSTRALIA is taking refugees from Cuba and Haiti as part of
>an international push to stop asylum seekers "shopping" for
>the settlement country of their choice.

Please pardon my use of words:

I'm sorry, if the USA is going to take a poor Haitian human being who
risked his life, and survived, on a hand-made boat that actually DID make
it all the way from Haiti to Miami, to Australia--this is just one more
instance of the richest and biggest country messing up the lives of the
poorest of the poorest.  Wipe out their agriculture and what economy they
had left with American Rice, American Frozen Chicken Pieces, American
Beans, and second hand hand-me-downs from America, invest in their
cell-phone market because that IS a sure bet, protect other cell-phone
investors by side-swiping American laws, ethics, and morals, (damn, now YOU
are paying for mercenaries) and then feed the destroyed and now starving
poor who DO manage to look at a television images that suggest America is
Hollywood--but when they can't afford your imported starvation rice and
your starvation chicken pieces anymore, because your corporate sweat-shop
moved away to profit from cheaper less visible sweat in further-away Asia
and put all Haitians who were on starvation-employment into uncounted
unemployment, or the systematic insecurity sounded out with gunshots in the
night -- every single night, so they put their lives and their savings and
their families onto someone else's home-made boat (made from hand hewn
boards from hand cut trees on a barren island that has no trees, have you
been in one by the way?) to risk their lives, hoping to get somewhere
better, television Hollywood might work better -- now you're shipping them
away to Australia?!!  Mind if I ask how the USA is paying to move Haitian
Refugees from Miami to Australia--sorry, I expect the refugees will be
paying their own way.

I'm sorry, I've spent the past week scanning my photographs of the amazing
people of Haiti, which I hope to offer to all of you, who may be able to
help people outside of Haiti understand and help those inside of Haiti.  I
am beginning to believe, more and more, that Haiti has become the USA's
testing ground for "globalisms" and "democracyisms" in the name of
"National Securityisms" for the benefit of the right USA corporate giants
with sufficient political lobbying dollars in DC.  It's as if someone
somewhere in the system is playing with our double-edged sword, pushing
deeper and deeper into Haiti under the cover of "modernethicalwordisms" to
see how far the sword can go before the poorest of the poorest
succumb.  Mr. Misters with the double edged sword, if you are reading this,
why don't you tell me just how much is too much for a desperate and
starving people?  I've got photographs of Real people living Real lives in
Haiti, and of Restavec Children I could die to help.  But death does not
help, please pardon my frustrations, I would simply like to do what I can
for real people in the real world that is not about Hollywood or capitalism
or economism or politicism.  If you're going to starve a man, don't take
away his food supply too.  If he can't make it in the life that you have
helped to feed him and you too continue to beat him in his starvation, when
he stops his misery by simply trying to get away from it, don't ship him
half way around the world and abandon him in kangaroo-land.  Mr. Misters
with the double-edged sword, if you send the poor chap to Australia he can
no longer pay your Nationalsecurityisms or your corporate
lobbyistsisms.  Do be careful, because if you send him to Australia, you
may be sending that starving man with his last starvation penny half way
around the world--so he might not pay YOU with his very last penny, I know,
you're all about profits and losses.  Imagine that Mr. Misters, sending
your last starvation profits to the other side of the world.... Multiply
the number of people and multiply the number of pennies and add it all up
to see how much you will send to Australia. Nope, Mr. Misters are too smart
for that so you've already figured out how to make the poorest of the
poorest refugees pay their own way half way around the world--and I'm sure
you've figured in your profit in this process.  The damned thing is, show
me your numbers Mr. Mister, and I'll show you how to make more from a
thriving economy and a thriving people in Haiti.  I know, you can make a
profit from the poorest of poor---but you can make MORE PROFIT doing legit
business with a healthy and wealthy people than you can make by
manipulating the last of the aid monies given to a starving people out of them.

Listen up Patriotic America:  The conditions real human beings are trying
to survive with, in Haiti, 45 minutes from down-town Miami, is a National
Disgrace to America.  Freedom and Liberty and Justice have been swept away
with the massive use of YOUR TAX DOLLARS, profiting mega corporations with
sufficient lobby dollars in Washington and mega politicians (no longer in
mega office).

I'm sorry, I'm just a wandering photographer trying to save the world, one
image of this amazing life at a time.  Please forgive me for my use of
words when I imagine pictures that are difficult to swallow.  Maybe one day
I will help a Haitian learn how to eat a kangaroo in Australia....

If you can use a photograph of Haiti to benefit the real people of Haiti,
please let me know. I've got 1400+/- images of amazing Haitians, that I
plan to post on my web site soon.  Maybe I can help you help the people in
my photographs.  Thank you for reading my words, most of what I do is with
my photographs.

Concerned American Citizen,
Global Nomad,
Photographer,