a1906: travel tips for the summer? (fwd)

From: Greg Beckett <beckett@uchicago.edu>

[Please write directly to Greg at:  beckett@uchicago.edu.  Thanks]

My wife and I will be traveling to Haiti for the first time this
summer. If anyone has any tips, we would surely appreciate them. We
are looking to spend about 4-5 weeks in Haiti, sometime in July
and/or August, divided between Port-au-Prince and Cap Haitien. We
know some French, but no Haitian as of yet, but if anyone knows a
Haitian-Creole teacher in Chicago, we would love to get some lessons
before our trip. Besides general advice we are looking for places to
stay (room to rent; boarding houses; apartment to sublet) and
contacts (should anyone be in Haiti this summer and want to meet up
with us).

Thanks,
Greg