a1925: Books: add some, get rid of some: 3 volume 1797 set

It is ironic that just at the time when I am busy with book orders coming
in from list members as I offer my extras for sale, I get what are without
a doubt the most beautiful books in my whole library, at least when just
seen on the shelves.  (inside some of the art books take the prize)

There is an historical set normally in two volumes by historian Bryan
Edwards entitled HISTORY OF THE BRITISH COLONIES IN THE WEST INDIES.
It was published in 1797 and an original copy of this set is normally
over $1000.  Some time ago I purchased an unusual copy of this set but
it was an 1801 edition and was in three volumes, the covers falling off,
but they had been lovely leather covers.

I contacted Jeff Altepeter, a list member or former list member (I'm not
sure which) who was also a bookbinder. We made a deal and I shipped off
the three ragged and falling apart volumes to Jeffrey.  The third volume
has 240 pages on Saint-Domingue.

Today the rebound volumes arrived.  The newly bound three volumes are
simply gorgeous.  Until now the most beautiful books in my library were
two from the 1790s which had once been in Kurt Fischer's library and he
had had them rebound as well.  Now this three volume Edward's set sets off
my rare book collection like a glistening diamond.  Oh my, I do love my
books!!!!

Bob Corbett