a1952: Haitians are economic refugee not politic (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Haitians are economic refugee not politic
99% of Haitians who come to the US are economic
refugee, it is sometimes cool to use the political
instability in Haiti to file for political asylum
which might speed the process. Many times the
treatment of a citizen from another country is
directly related to the treatment he/she receives in
his/her own country. Nobody can mess with the Cuban
refugee not because they come from a communist country
but because the Cuban community in Miami support each
other and nobody can mess with Castro.
The Haitian community in south Florida is over 300,000
and we know our people will come here to find a way to
help their family back home. On n?a pas une maison
d?accueil. Still now, we don?t have a complex to house
our economic refugee, provide them training and send
them to the workforce.   We are just talking. I bet
with you if you have a complex to house them, feed
them for a limited time until they can be in their two
feet which shall not take no more than 4 months, train
them in order for them no to be a burden for the
government. INS could have taken a different approach.

If they release all right now where they are going?
your first answer: to family members; what about those
who have no family. Par honte pour la societe, puisque
vous etes en train de manifester dans la rue vous
allez les prendre chez vous, mais vous n?etes pas
sinceres.
I know it is a hot topic and some of you who are
claiming defending refugees are living at their
expense.  To solve the refugee problem we have to go
to the source. Help them back home, instead wasting 8
millions dollars a year talking nonsense on radio in
Miami alone why not use that money to help them out.
Why not sending financial assistance to help our
people back home instead of spending millions in
lawyers? fees, why not send technicians to help grow
crops, why not buying the artisanat stuff and why not
buying stuff from Haiti. Those lawyers don?t work for
free. Straight talk, my friends.
I do not ask any of you to assist the whole country, I
invite you to assist your hometown and if everybody is
doing the same thing there would be refugees coming to
the US but not us.
Also, I ask each of you not to use derogatory remark;
why do you have to call people racist. I can tell you
frankly the behavior of Haitian in NY and Miami are
not at my satisfaction. They were focusing their anger
on Juliani the former mayor today he is an American
Prince now they have no argument, the people in Miami
had made enemies with the Cubans This is joke two poor
people coming here for economic reason the Cuban and
the Haitians and cannot get together; this is pitiful.
Folks keep your calm you don?t to yell, you don?t have
to shout and you don?t have to call name such as
racist stuff. No, just do it the same way we had
handle ?how Stella got her groove back?  You remember
that movie. You should use diplomacy at all times and
you should never compromise the life hood of a
community.
NB:
Stop being too emotional, attack the problem from the
source, provide mean to accomplish it, deal with the
refugee on weekend, every body who is fit and in the
working age shall go to work. You cannot live side by
side with the Cubans but they are taking all your
money Why you don?t join hands together to invest, to
create jobs within the Haitian in South Florida
instead vous vivez tous come des parasites within for
someone else to help you in the US.  After a street
demonstration, yelling on the street what?s next or
are you going to wait until the next boat capsized or
a deplorable event to go out like people who ... or
reacting emotionally. You have been living in this
country for too long to keep this mentality.
Ask all these lawyers and these people to go get a
cool job and if they want they can provide free
assistance on weekend or in their spare time.

Senou