a1969: Re: a1967: Haitians are economic refugee Dorce to Louissaint (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 5/8/02 3:51:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time, P Louissaint
<totalcapital@email.com> writes:

<< I have to disagree with your claim that 99% of Haitians are economical
refugees. This is a nonscientific claim that is based on your personal
opinion.

 You have to be very careful when generalizing. These questions are very
complex and could have implications beyond this list.

 Would you go if you are called as an expert witness in court to testify that
most Haitians are "economic refugees". >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
If you take out the "99% of" phrase, which seems as though it were a
scientific figure, and substitute "most", you would get an accurate
statement, by anyone's measure.  Although a serious propaganda machine is
operating here to make people believe that Aristide's government is
indistinguishable from the former regimes, it simply is not true.  Perhaps
Senou and my credentials would not qualify us as expert witnesses in a court
of law, but I would personally be willing to bet money that his point is well
taken.  It is well known that a refugee must fabricate a story of horrible
torture and near death to entitle them to stay in this country.  If they
admit that things are just too hard in Haiti and they are unable to care for
their families, they will be shipped home before they can finish their
sentence.

If Republicans want to stop the flow of refugees from Haiti to American
shores, they should take steps to unlock those loans and humanitarian relief
to Haiti.  They just can't decide if they'd rather destroy Aristide or keep
poor Haitians out of Florida...what a dilemma!

Kathy Dorce~