12045: RE: a12024: AHP reports ... clarification on figures (fwd)

From: Merrie Archer <MArcher@nchr.org>

I attended the special session on Children last week and passed by the area
where 2 groups were demonstrating during Pres. Aristide's presentation and
am surprised and disappointed by AHP's report that there were 10 to 15
thousand demonstrators. There were roughly 150 people visibly demonstrating
against Aristide in one area and around 250 to maybe 300 people led by men
with "lape nan tet ..." t-shirts not too far off leading a counter
demonstration.

If there were demonstrators elsewhere, I'd like to hear back from list
members who might know about it.