12048: RE: 12043: Patterns Behind the Politics of Haiti and Issues for the International Community (fwd)

From: Bert J Thomas <BThomas@brooklyn.cuny.edu>

This is the kind of serious analysis of the Haitian situation we should be
getting  on this list.  Of course, this is my humble opinion; and let me add
one more "irrelevant" issue, replace Aristide's name with Michael Manley,
Edward P.G. Seaga, Eric Williams and we get a very clear picture of
Caribbean politics. Oops! did I mention Castro and Balaguer?