12078: Is Jean Do's Electoral Coup d Etat over? (Saint-Vil asks) (fwd)

From: Jean Saint-Vil <jafrikayiti@hotmail.com>

Onè,

In a recent exchange on Corbettland, Kevin Pina asked  “ why didn't the OAS
negotiate its complaints about the ballot-counting process instead of going
to the press” and James Morrell’s answered with the following: “it did
attempt to do so, but was initially rebuffed by the election commissioner
himself, Leon Manus. Manus subsequently changed his mind by 180 degrees. For
that he was forced to flee for his life.”

This answer raises more questions in the minds of folks who are honestly
trying to understand who is/are feeding this mad crisis being imposed upon
the Haitian people.

Question 1: Who/what caused Manus’ sudden 180 degrees turn?
Question 2: Was this really a 180 degrees turn? Or was this strange move
part of the Electoral Coup d’Etat Jean Dominique had been denouncing all
along?

I can’t help but wonder these things, having read or listened to many of
Jean Dominique’s editorials, including his very last one (the rarely quoted
“Electoral Coup d’Etat editorial) from which we can find the following
quotes:

“Mr. Leopold Berlanger, the Coordinator of the Conseil National
d'Observateurs (CNO), is part of a coalition, working through Vision 2000,
which is engaged in THE DESTRUCTION OF LAVALAS.”

“Voila, so this individual is now a member of a coalition which for five
years has worked virulently with Vision 2000 against the Lavalas movement
and this same person is the head of a national commission to observe the
elections while in 1990 he tried to manipulate the results, and this is the
person President Leon Manus gave the power to receive all information and
documents related to the electoral process that should be sent to him
quickly”

(Jean Dominique, March 27, 2000 )

It seems self-evident that, up to the very day he was gunned down, Jean
Dominique was one of the most active members of Fanmi Lavalas and, the
Electoral Coup d’Etat  he was denouncing was one being organised AGAINST
LAVALAS, not the opposite. Yet, here is how James Morell chooses to present
the tragic events of the year 2000 on his website:

“Jean-Bertrand Aristide felt bold enough to flout the Clinton administration
openly, but he did this with the preposterous miscount of the senatorial
elections of May 2000 in which his representatives on the election
commission cut off the counting of ballots at the top four recipients,
discarding all the votes received by the other ten or fifteen candidates.
This way Aristide's candidates, who were leading, could all be declared
winners in the first round, although in fact the non-Aristide candidates
outpolled the Aristide ones in half the races.
The OAS election observers withdrew in protest. The election commissioner
refused to sign off on the fraud and was forced to flee Haiti after being
personally threatened by Aristide and President Préval. The opposition
boycotted all further elections. The country's leading journalist, Jean
Dominique, was slain by Aristide supporters. The judge investigating his
case has heard testimony that Aristide's henchmen feared the outspoken
journalist's popularity threatened Aristide's chances in the presidential
election.”
What Should Be Done in Haiti, By James R. Morrell

Mr. Morrell, don’t you agree that even people who are familiar with Haiti’s
happenings might conclude from your text that Jean Dominique was slain as a
result of denoucing Aristide’s party’s alledged misdoings during the
electoral period. When, in fact Jean Dominique was denouncing an Electoral
Coup d’Etat being organised AGAINST Aristide’s party, Fanmi Lavalas, which
happens to also be his own?

Is it not true that, days before he was assassinated, Jean Dominique was
saying loud and clear, with the courage that characterize him:

“We have noted in the course of the electoral process, with the passion that
you all know we have, the legitimate suspicion that there is a threat to the
process with the successive unpleasant revelations of the role of IFES
inside of the CEP and financed and directly manipulated by USAID. So, these
legitimate suspicions about the CEP are getting larger by that unbelievable
accord with the CNO. The question we are asking is the following: Did
President Manus sign this very important text to give Mr. Leopold Berlanger
the possibility of altering the results of the vote? Is President Manus'
signature in accord with the other eight members of the CEP? I already know
that one of them doesn't even know about the accord.” (Jean Dominique, March
27, 2000 )

I might add that another text titled “Prevent a Lavalas Electoral Coup
d'Etat. Micha Gaillard. May 8, 2000” adds to the confusion as it is logged
on CIP’s page immediately under the one titled Jean Dominique's last
broadcast. March 27, 2000.

As far as we know, the term “Electoral Coup d’Etat” was coined by Jean
Dominique in reference to the agenda we see unfolding before our eyes to
this very day. I.e. undoing a popular mouvement’s  electoral gains in Haiti,
an unrepenting Black Republic.

Yes indeed, Jean Dominique might have suffered many other silencing attempts
since this faithful morning of April 3, 2000.
A couple of final questions:

1) Is OAS fostering reparations to the families of the 100 plus victims of
the failed Venezuelan coup? If not, why are they doing so in Haiti where
fewer people lost their lives?
2) Who is fitting Guy Phillipe’s bill?, the U.S. embassy? Or is this, yet
another case where Haiti must pay an "upside down debt" owed to her by
others.
3)What happened to the coup Jean Dominique was denouncing? Has it failed?
Has it succeeded? or is it still ongoing?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and answers.

Jafrikayiti

Jafrikayiti
«Depi nan Ginen bon nèg ap ede nèg!»
http://www.i-port.net/sd-in-j/