12079: Moise Dezo

From: madison bell <mbell@goucher.edu>

Can anybody help me decipher the words to this beautiful song from Eddy
Francois album Zinga?  Song is traditional, Moise Dezo.  I have some
trouble
distinguishing words in Kreyol, some doubt of my translation too-- Guy, if
you
are listening amuse-toi bien, I don't spell no betta than I useta....

Moise Dzo
Pran sa pou prinsip-o
M'ap pote dlo pa kiy pou plan ki nan la ri mwen
M gegne youn chien mwen
M ta rele'l Defy
M gegne you lot-la
M ta rele'l Pa Fe Two
Si'l manje sa li vle nan voisinaj fallait mwen paye
Neg mande we
Se pou yo we a kwe^.

Moise Dezo (my ears hear Moise of the Bones-- but that is dubious, who is
this
soul Moise Dezo?)
take this for your principle
I'm bringing water with a spoon for the plants on my street

I have a dog, I do
I'd like to call him Defiance
I have another dog
I'd like to call him Don't Do Too Much
If he eats what he wants in the neighborhood I will have to pay
People will insist on seeing
For them, seeing is believing....

Understand the lyrics are not printed so I am guessing at the kreyol in
certain
phrases, plus also I doubt parts of the translation.

any help appreciated mezi anpil msb.