12084: Re: 12081: Re: 12080: Haitians protest judge's dismissal of request for asylum for deta... (fwd)

From: leonie hermantin <lhermantin@hotmail.com>

fighting here for Haitian Asylum seekers rights to be treated equally under
the US laws. We did not determinie whether they had credible fear of
persecution, the INS did.  Your diatribe about Haitian not meriting asylum
should be directed at the US government. I am sure that they would be more
than happy to hear from you.

The point again is that this disparate treatment of men, women and children
has only been imposed on Haitians. This is an issue which has interestingly
united Haitians of all political persuasions. It is about RESPECT. Maybe you
should ask Ira Kurzbaum why he is representing those "FRAHP' members, or
Haitian consul Guy Victor who works tirelessly to ensure that those Krome
detainees are treated fairly. Maybe you should ask VEYE YO a pro Lavalas
grassroots organization in Miami why they are at the vanguard of this
protest.
Again it's about RESPECT
-Leonie Hermantin

We are fighting her again for our respect. It's a Haitian thing....