12125: Polio: Slavin (fwd)

From: PSlavin@unicefusa.org

I am no doctor, but when I made my first trip to southern Africa in 1998
the International Health Care Service at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical
Center said I needed a polio booster -- and it was administered orally,
like infant polio vaccinations worldwide. The nurse told me the booster had
the chance of striking you with polio -- the odds were 1 in 2 million or
so. I took the odds -- can any new parents on the list tell me if their
infant children have received the oral polio vaccine in "industrialized"
countries like the United States or France -- the same technique that is
used in Haiti and throughout the world?

Patrick
http://www.unicefusa.org