12176: Re: 12169: Money for Water (fwd)

From: ForHaiti@aol.com

Water is precious and we are blessed to have access to good water to share
with the poor as well as supply our emergency medical clinic.

It breaks my heart, however, to see Haitian dollars converted to US -- the
reason is that they work hard for that money and they do not have the benefit
of an exchange rate, so 40 cents is 40 cents and it does not at any level
relate to US money.  The Haitian earns in Haitian money and their purchasing
power is in Haitian money, we earn in US and spend in US... the two cannot be
fairly compared.