12190: Haitian Creole school text books for elementary school: Useful for adults to learn Creole as well.

>From Bob Corbett

Folks, after retiring last spring (2001) I FINALLY just now got around
to going through materials I boxed up from my office when I moved out of
the university.  I used to buy up Haitian school text books back in the
mid-1980s in order to help my own university students learn Creole before
going to Haiti on our study trips.  I have about a half dozen different
texts books and a curriculum guide -- multiple copies of each.  Well, I
won't be teaching any more, so I have just placed these books on my "books
for sale" list.  See:

http://www.webster.edu/~corbetre/haiti/library/forsale.htm

Scroll down to Haitian Creole School Texts.....

There are several.

These are not only very useful to help children learn Creole, but for
adults who are studying the language these are invaluable aids in reading
and comprehending.

Happy hunting,

Bob Corbett