12192: Who wants to visit Pandiassou in October? Other locations?

>From Bob Corbett

Folks, I am planning to go to Haiti for the Haitian Studies Association
meetings from Oct. 17-19th.  I will arrive earlier and stay later, and
I am interested in joining with some others to go visit Pandiassou
(the home of Brother Francklyn Armand and his marvelous community).
However, given my miserable knees (utterly destroyed by too much soccer
as a younger man) I can no longer follow my old patters.  I used to
head down to the bus depot, hope a camyon bwat, ride up to Hinche and
walk out to Pandiassou.  Then I would live there a while, sometimes
a month or more and roam the nearby hills and mountains.  No more.
The knees won't allow it.

Now I am interested in joining with 4-5 others to get a driver and
a mini-van for the trip and to spend a few days at Pandiassou.  We
would share expenses of the driver/vehicle.  Any of you interested?
I do have the advantage of having been there many many times, though
not in recent years.  I think my last visit there was in about 1992.

Please write me directly if you are interested.  Would you want to go
before or after the 17-19 period and how long would you want to visit
there?

Any of you want to do such ride sharing to other destinations in Haiti?
I'm certainly open.  I wish I could visit the projects that People to
People had up in the mountains at Gwo So and LaTournelle, but with no
roads and only horseback and foot I know my knees won't make that trip.

But, other locations??????

Bob Corbett