12204: Preparing for the Bicentennials Flag and Independence of Haiti in Atlanta (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Preparing for the bicentennials Flag and Independence
of Haiti in Atlanta

Good morning,
We have less than 9 months to prepare for May 18, 2004
if we take out April and May. It could have been a
cool idea for all of us to get together to do
something meaningful in metro Atlanta. There are many
reasons that may bring you in Atlanta; most of you are
relocated here because of a job transfer, some looking
for adventure and others for opportunity. Regardless
of the reason you move down here, we shall find a way
to coexist and to get together. In fact, we are
getting together, every week we find a way to have
some types of activities but it limited to the
entourage, which is good.
We all meet here as adult that means we all have a
past. For instance, if you are relocated to the west
coast or to a remote place you are going to meet new
people. We must use the same approach. This union that
we are going to establish among us has only one
purpose to organize these two events it has nothing to
do about people who are relocating over here, looking
for job, create opportunity for others: May 18, 2003
and January 1st, 2004.
As professionals you know how sensitive people are
about religion and Haitian politic. We have people
from various faiths and political affiliations;
therefore, we should refrain from discussing religion
and Haitian politic.
You never know, may be something good can come out of
it, I invite each of you to invite reliable people who
are living in this community to get together to do
something in group for the first time in our life, our
ancestors had done it on May 18, 1803. Some of you
have done much stuff alone or within your own group
and some of you have never done anything in-group
before. It is not easy, it is a challenge but it can
be done.
May 18, 2003 will fall on a Sunday and January 1st,
2004 on a Thursday, I would like to see Catholic,
Baptist, Adventist, Protestant, Muslim, Voodooist,
Jehovah Witness, Methodist getting together to do A
community event. It could have been a good idea to
have a special committee that can reflect the
community.
No official meeting shall take place in anyone
residence or business, it should take place in a
neutral zone, public library, an Upscale restaurant,
schools or Churches.
We are going to start a series of meetings on
Saturdays, Sundays and Thursdays to put in place a
special committee.
It could have been ideal to have all these meetings at
Cobb County Public Library, but it won’t be fair since
some of you have to do drive from Gwinett, Dekalb,
Clayton and other counties in the metro, are you
willing to volunteer a free site. Sometimes, we might
even meet outside of the metro such as Macon, Savannah
and Chattanooga
Some of you have some knowledge in various areas such
as Fund Raising, Finance, Planning, Public Relation,
Entertainment, Administration, programming, Education
and so on.

Are you interested to be a member of the bicentennials
Flag and Independence committee? if yes which
preliminary meeting can you attend Thursday night
after 6:30 PM, Saturday during day time (10:00 to
5:30) or Sunday during day time. Or suggest your own
time, appropriate accommodation will be made for you.
Remember no one should be left behind. Also don’t
forget we will use heavily yahoo groups to communicate
among us. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/haitian_atl
just click on the link above it is easy like 1, 2, 3

Please forward this email to anyone who is living in
metro Atlanta and those who might be interested to
assist. This process is open to all: American,
Canadian, Jamaican, Haitian, African and so on; you
are all welcome to join. Please send an email to
Haitian_ATL@yahoo.com or register in our yahoo group
above

Joseph Alfred
P.O. BOX 334