12211: High-Interest Cooperatives (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

Richard Morse reported:

<< Another demonstration took place that same day, in front of the palace to
protest the closing of a cooperative. The members of the cooperative lost
their initial investment and the 12% monthly interest payments. >>

Ah HAH!  When something looks too good to be true, it usually is!

Many of these cooperatives have been popping up in Jacmel, offering all sorts
of enticements - Coeurs Unis, some others.  I suspect they are money
launderers, and I was absolutely certain most of them would go "bankrupt"
once they raked in as much capital as possible.

Rumor has it that the head of one of these cooperatives in Jacmel has bought
a very large tract of land...

Does anyone else know what is up?

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare