1226:Re: 12223: reparations (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

<< I don't see why people ( Manbo san bout, Wilson) assimilate reparations
with
 begging.>>

My name is Mambo Racine Sans Bout, and I never said that asking for
reparations is the same as begging.  (By the way, "assimilate" isn't correct
in this context, it is not synonymous with "compare".)

Let me say again - if a person can document that their ancestors' work
enriched a particular individual or group, and they can trace that wealth,
they are entitled to EVERY PENNY.

On the other hand, when asking for reparations degenerates into an implacable
grudge against all members of a specific group, and when it serves as an
excuse for the refusal to exert oneself to improve one's own life, then it's
a useless and just plain ridiculous exercise in futility.  I hope I have now
made myself clear.

<< By the way Mambo Sans Bout should know that the French have very detailed
 records about the colonial period and about who the French plantation owners
 were.  My cousin Gilles has consulted their records for his genealogy hobby.
 If reparation seekers wanted to go that way they could seek out individual
 families  who made their fortunes in slavery and received payments for their
 lost properties after independance..  . >>

Again, it's Mambo Racine Sans Bout.  And again, if a person can document that
their ancestors' work enriched a particular individual or group, and they can
trace that wealth, GO FOR IT!

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian Proverb