12232: Travel opportunity? (fwd)

From: GUY S ANTOINE <GuyAntoine@windowsonhaiti.com>

I went to the first Kreyol Expo in New York yesterday.  A mixed bag, really.
However, I stopped at one booth which might be of interest to frequent fliers
on this forum: Ambassador Airlines. It appears to be yet another venture
to provide much needed competition to the American Airlines near-monopoly
travel business to Haiti.  This is the information that I gathered from their
representative and the business card provided.  How viable is this venture?
I do not have the foggiest idea.  But just in case, it might be useful to you:

Ambassador Airlines - 1623 Nostrand Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11226
Office:  (718) 282-6838 Fax: (718) 282-8904
E-mail: turgo@haairlines.com (Turgo Tropnasse, General Manager)
In PAP, contact Alix Lamarre - 115 Rue Pavée

Now, this is the one thing that caught my attention.  The rep at the booth
told me that for the following dates: June 15, 22, 29, 30, they offer
round-trip tickets from New York (JFK), if staying in Haiti for 30 days or less,
for $299 + tax.  Tempting, but it's not in my plans.  Perhaps, someone on the
list might wish to take advantage of this offer.  Afterwards, the price will be
$399 + tax.

I hope that the information above is correct.  I don't represent the business,
so if you are interested, verify any related data yourself by calling the phone
number (taken from their business card).

Guy S. Antoine
Editor-Webmaster
www.haiti2004.com
www.windowsonhaiti.com