12255: Art book: Haiti: Anges & Demons. Spectacular images

Folks, I received an art book yesterday about which I knew nothing and
had not even heard of.  It was published in Paris in 2000 and is a study
of Haitian art's representation of both angels and demons in several
areas:

-- the primitives
-- Saint-Soleil school
-- the blacksmith art
-- graffiti art
-- a general category which seems to represent mainly various craft
	art.

The book is magnificent.  Very large, about 14 x 9.  158 pages, and just
filled with huge and brilliant colored photographs of paintings,
sculptures and other objects of art.  This is one of the best Haitian
art books for the photos and prints that I have ever seen.

The text is in French and appears to be a serious study of the images
of both angels and demons as they appear in Haiti art from 1940 to 2000.
I have not had the time to really read it and thus I can't comment on
the content of the text, but the graphics are phenomenal.

Anyone who loves Haitian art and who might want a spectacular coffee table
book to add life and joy to your home, well, this is a book you won't want
to miss.

The ISBN is:  2-844230-102-1

The book is NOT offered by Amazon.com and I have no idea where one
gets it.  I purchased my copy (which is new) from a used book dealer who
contacted me about it.  It won't be cheap!!  The publisher is
Hoebecke/La Halle Saint-Pierre, Paris.

Wonderful book!

Bob Corbett