12273: Fwd: HAITIAN DAY in NY ** News Release ** (fwd)

From: Dotie Joseph <dotiej@hotmail.com>

From: JeanElie@aol.com

News Release - To all Haitians,

On August 31, 2002, from 10:00AM to 7:00PM,  Belmont Race Track Park in
Elmont, NY will be the venue hosting the greatest Haitian reunion to take
place in NY.

This event called "Haitian Family Day (HAFAD) Picnic" has the objective of
bringing together Haitians from all generations and from all parts of the
world in an atmosphere of friendliness and unity.

This day also subtitled "Rencontre des Amis" will provide the opportunity to
meet old friends from our neighborhoods in Haiti and family members that we
have lost contact with. In all, we are planning a fantastic day full of
activities for the entire family.
All the different cities and towns in Haiti will be well represented from
north to south and from east to west.

There will be plenty of activities and attractions for people of all ages
and
top level entertainment provided by our favorite bands and entertainers
including:
- Sweet Micky the star of today's Techno sound
- Septentrional coming directly from Haiti
- Rara Band of Djarara- The hit of previous picnics
- Dance troupes, solo artists
- Shleu Shleu, Fantaisistes representing the 70's
- Rappers, etc, for the younger generation
- New Solo Singer, Lady "G" from Philadelphia
- Performance by a artists representing Canada
- And many more to be announced later.
Food by the best Haitian restaurants - Vendors - Arts exhibits - Games -
playground for the children etc..

For complete details on this Haitian Day, we have set up a web site which
you
must visit regularly to stay updated on the latest news. The site address is
<A HREF="www.rockmasters.com/haitianday">
www.rockmasters.com/haitianday</A>

Those who have attended prior picnics at Belmont park know how beautiful
this
facility is for such an event. So pass on the word, pack a picnic basket,
round up the entire family and head on to the Beautiful Belmont Race Track
park in Elmont NY for HAFAD (Haitian Family Day picnic) on Sat Aug 31, 2002
from 10:00AM

Please support  this great Haitian undertaking by forwarding this e-mail to
all everyone in you address book.  If you are the webmaster of a Haitian web
site, we also would like to have your support and post the event on your
site.

Start planning and pass on the word.

For now, go to the event web site at  <A
HREF="www.rockmasters.com/haitianday">www.rockmasters.com/haitianday</A> for
more
detailed information and to see pictures from prior picnics at this park.

Sincerely,

The Picnic committee
<A HREF="www.rockmasters.com/haitianday">www.rockmasters.com/haitianday</A>