12339: RE: 12323: Re: 12314: Re: 12313: Mohammed's Religion Finds a Pl ace in Haiti (fwd)

From: Merrie Archer <MArcher@nchr.org>

As this discussion came up, I was reminded of a class I attended many years
ago on West African religion, politics and history where the professor
talked about how the practice of various religions could take place
simultaneously within a number of African households. Would this have been
possible, then, with Islam and other syncretic religions in Africa much the
same as vodou is so wrapped up in the Catholic faith in Haiti?