12344: "Pawol Gran Moun" Premiere at TAP TAP : Miami Beach

From: crowingrooster@juno.com

WORLD PREMIER!

Friday 21 June 2002

Tap Tap Haitian Restaurant

"PAWOL GRAN MOUN"
Directed by David Belle
In Creole with English subtitles
60 minutes

Screenings at 7pm and 9pm

"Pawol Gran Moun" or "Words of the Elders" is the first part in a number
of documentaries about traditional culture that Crowing Rooster Arts is
currently producing in Haiti.  This series aims to capture the lives,
memories and traditions of Haiti's older generations during a time when
the country's youth increasingly embraces foreign values and culture.

As traditional life and memory seem to be more and more jeopardized
everywhere in the world, "Pawol Gran Moun" hopes to serve as a reminder
that the wisdom and knowledge of our elders is essential to both our
history and our future.

Seating is limited.
Email crowingrooster@juno.com for further information.

TAP TAP HAITIAN RESTAURANT