12337: POLITIC and SOCCER (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Politic and Soccer

The negotiation has been going for the past two years
and finally the Lavalas leader had met with the
Convergence. Why it had taken all this time?
Unfortunately we are focusing on something else: the
Soccer World Cup in which the US and the Senegal teams
are doing very well after victory against Sweden and
shortly ago the US team had beaten Mexico by 2 zip.
Great football.
In order to allocate a few seconds of our time who are
enjoying the world Cup, they should move fast;
otherwise, they can continue doing what they have been
doing for the past two years.

I hope these folks who are negotiating have something
important to offer, we are watching those game at the
wee hours in morning, if they are not serious in
finding a compromise solution: Ba moun la paix yo.
Period.
Currently the Haitians people are focusing on the
world cup, they need that leisure time. They are
starving, the government is broke waiting for foreign
support; you could have used that moment to find a
compromise solution which will allow the world bank,
the international community, the EU, France, Canada
and the United States to release some badly needed
financial assistance. A workable compromise solution
will bring Christmas in summer. Instead saying: I like
you, act in way to show that. If someone likes you,
he/she will not let you die hungry.

People will help you but you have to be willing to
help yourself. You keep a non-working tone for the
past two years, it is time to try something new.
No need to remind anyone that your party had a
majority in the upper and lower house or you had won
the November election. What is the next step?
Obviously if you could have governed alone, we would
not be in any negotiation today.

Forget about yesterday, now what can you do to find a
political settlement. Specify the steps: step 1, step
2, and step 3. Both camps should know where they are
in agreement and where they have to do some more work.
Do not waste a second of your time to talk about
things that both of you had already agreed upon. And
also, refrain from bringing anything new on the Table.
In points that are in disagreement, use the win-win
approach, each camp shall give a little, compromising
is part of the negotiation, it is the essence of any
negotiation. Once a compromise has reached on any
disagreeing point, move on to the next issue, upon
completion: sign a joint declaration. Period. If you
set unachievable condition, there is no need to
negotiate. Each camp should be ready to give something
and the Lavalas government must share power with the
Opposition.
****
Reform in the Police force, Disarmament, Reform in the
judicial system will take years; therefore, it is
necessary to focus on finding a political compromise.

Joseph Alfred
P.O. BOX 334
Smyrna, GA 30081