12382: Re: 12276: This Week in Haiti 20:14 6/19/2002 (fwd)

From: MKarshan@aol.com

A correction to this Haiti Progres article on Haiti coverage on WBAI:

My radio show, Sak Pase, which started on WNWK in October 1991, moved to WBAI
towards the end of the coup d'etat period, thanks to producer Reynald Louis
who invited me to bring my show to WBAI -- first to his show, and then to the
Americas show.  Up until 1995, when I moved to Haiti, the show was aired
weekly on WBAI, and Yvon Neptune, who is now the Prime Minister, delivered
the news weekly on my show until he moved to Haiti after the return.

My radio coverage was devoted to the behind the scenes of the coup period and
mobilization for the return of democracy to Haiti.  I am ever so appreciative
of all those who collaborated with me and to all those I interviewed.  I will
never forget the energy of the Haitian community and the progressive
community, working together to support the Haitian people's movement.

I am very encouraged to hear that WBAI will devote shows exclusively to Haiti
once again.  Amy Goodman, who is an incredible journalist, kept Haiti alive
on WBAI as did some others (Dan Coughlin, Ray Laforest, Kim Ives, etc.).  I
miss WBAI and am relieved to know that it is getting back to its original
spirit.  I have listened to BAI since it began.

Michelle Karshan