12463: foreign visitors (fwd)

From: Denise Thomas <lda1977@yahoo.com>

Dear Corbetteers,

This is my first message to Corbett but I have been
enjoying this list for some time now.

I am bringing two American College friends with me to
to Haiti this Summer (I am Haitian but have been
living in the States for the past six years and visit
home once or twice a year). I wanted some input from
foreigners who have been to Haiti regarding general
advice I should give my friends, ie vaccination,
special sites/places/hotels/restaurants that you can
recommend. I know that the use of credit cards is
pretty common but they wanted to know about Travelers
Checks. They are staying for 2 weeks!

Thanks,

DT