12479: About Haitian Creole and The Haitian Times

From: Hugo274@aol.com

[Note from Bob Corbett:  For reasons I just don't even understand, this
note was twice delayed in posting.  Hugues St. Fort sent it in almost the
day after Michel DeGraff posted his note.  I'm really sorry about the
errors in getting this note out in a timely fashion.  Bob Corbett]

=====================

Dear Professor Michel DeGraff,

You are absolutely right: The "Haitian Times" should be as rigorous in its
Creole spelling as it is in its French and English spelling" and, as a
member
of HT staff (columnist: "Du ct de chez Hugues") and a linguist/creolist, I
should have paid more attention to the Creole spelling used in the paper.

I thank you for your constructive criticism and I assure you that I will
talk
to Garry Pierre-Pierre, the publisher of HT about that.

Hugues St.Fort