12487: A conversation between a father & Convergence/lavalas leaders (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

A conversation between a father and
Convergence/Lavalas

The main problem of Haiti is a lack of trust among all
parties and this conflict cannot be resolved without a
minimum trust.
What is conflict: A dispute or disagreement between
two or more people (you can say two or more groups +
individuals)

We Haitians have tendency to live in the past, each
time we want people to forget about what they are
enduring today we talk about our past accomplishments.
Indeed we had a great past then what? I listen to a
bunch of speeches; now let me add my two cents. For
the past sixteen years, I’ve been hearing that thing
will get better. My question to you is simple. I need
to send my children to school, I need to work to pay
my bill and to live my life honestly. I represent 75%
of the country who don’t know how to read/write, the
country did not offer me that opportunity when I was
young.
Can you tell me the specific steps you are going to
take to resolve that problem and when I expect to get
an answer?
You know tomorrow will be better. Let me make it clear
for you, I have been hearing the same speech over and
over. Come to my neighborhood, you see these kids,
they don’t know when they are going to find their next
meal, they are running bare feet on the streets, they
cannot go to school, they don’t have clothes. I just
want to know when I’m going to find work to feed my
kids; I’m preparing to do whatever work available to
feed my children. Oh! you know, I don’t know anything,
just tell me. Map tande ou fre-o
I heard on the radio that funds had been withheld
because of a disagreement between the Lavalas and the
convergence. Oh you can bring your children to a
center, no I don’t have to, I can work to support my
family, I just need to find a job.
The Presidency my friend is not a privilege but it is
a responsibility.
Let talk man to man, how many jobs have you created
since you took office? Let me remind you that you were
running on putting an End to the insecurity phenomenon
and creating jobs, this is why I had voted for you,
not for your nonsense speech. Oh, you know the
insecurity phenomenon prevents people from investing
in the country. Gade yon koze, you are the President.
I don’t know how to solve it? Well my friend if you
don’t know how to solve it, you have to take a walk.
And we are still negotiating with the Convergence. Do
you think I care about your negotiation? Oh you are
negotiating, how long ago? For the past two years and
we are close to reach a compromise, but it might take
a couple of months or years, it depends.
Do you have children? He asks that question to the
Lavalas and the Convergence leaders. Oh yeah we have a
couple, what they are doing? I have my first son his
is doing his research a la Sorbonne, another one says
his daughter is doing her specialization nan pale mete
la at Havana, another one said I just send my three
children to Gabon for a few days.  You say Vagabond no
no, I mean Gabon. But you just say a couple but you
name three, you know, well the only thing I see You
don’t focus.
In the meatime, ti mari the first daughter of that
poor guy enters in the room and says Papa mwen
grangou, the mother was looking for a lemon to make
lemonade, she has enough sugar to sweeten one cup, the
mother wants to drink it also but she shares that cup
with Toto a small cute little boy, he looks smart but
may never go school, if the situation remains as it
is.
Both the Convergence and the Lavalas leaders take out
a 20 dollars bill to give to the father, He says I did
not know if the dollar was the main currency in Haiti,
he hears two people whisper ici se an dola nou pale,
he refuses and says when the money is gone what I’m
going to do. He continues I hear that you send your
children to France, to United States, to tour Europe
and so on, now you see ti mari, you see Toto will
spend the rest of the day with a half cup of lemonade
juice and Mathieu 4 verse 5 ( 4 biscuits for 15 cts
Haiti the old good days)
When are you going back to the negotiation table?
Monday
Are you going to negotiate for me or you are going to
continue doing what you have been doing for the past
two years.
Then Toto starts coughing, Ti mari cannot sleep ( gaz
ampare ti malerez la), a small rain is falling from
the sky and inside that shattered house you can see
the stars, you can Devine the rest.  Thousands or
millions of people are living in that situation, you
may pretend that everything is ok in Haiti, you may
argue why there should be no compromise, you may talk
about principles, morality and so on, develop
philosophical idea, talking a bunch of crap.   I
strongly believe if you were the father of ti mari and
Toto, you will be more concerned about feeding your
children and be able to find a job than anything else.
Every single foreigner who visits Haiti, upon
returning try to find something to send to those kids,
to those helpless women. What about you?

Senou