12501: Re: 12496: Re: 12494: This Week in Haiti 20:17 7/10/02 (fwd)

From: Hyppolite Pierre <hpierre@irsp.org>

Lois E Wilcken <makandal-ny@juno.com>, wrote:

> Does anyone have any vision of what a government of Haiti might do against such odds?

To my humble opinion, nothing. Not a thing. Except that the Haitian
Government must consider the Diaspora as the main and surest partner in its
development strategy. The Diaspora is probably the best hope for Haiti. The
GOH should probably consider a two-prongued strategy; on the one hand,
satisfy the economic and perhaps even political desiderata of the
international community; on the other hand, rely heavily on the Diaspora
through better organizing of this tremendous and probably best resources
that Haiti has, to get Haiti moving in the right direction towards
development.

Hyppolite Pierre
IRSP
http://www.irsp.org