12524: Fwd: Haitian Family Day Picnic - Belmont racetrack, NY

From: Dotie Joseph <dotiej@hotmail.com>

Haitian Family Day picnic (HAFAD) - Newsletter

This newsletter is the first update on the Haitian Family Day picnic
scheduled for August 31, 2002, at Belmont racetrack park in NY. The purpose
is to keep you informed of the latest developments and activities during the
planning of this event.  The following topics will be covered.

1- The date is fast approaching
2- Entertainment update
3- Vendors
4- Special services
5- Tickets purchase
6- Travel
7- Our sponsors

1- The date is fast approaching
With 7 weeks left until the big day, the HAFAD picnic committee staff is
working diligently to insure the success of this event. We have been getting
very positive feedback on the concept of a Haitian Day, when Haitians from
all part of the country will be represented. There will be signs posted
throughout the park with the names of the different cities and towns of
Haiti
where people from these parts of the country can congregate.  We ask
everyone
to start planning early and to come in as groups to represent their town of
origin. A great idea would be to wear T-shirts with the name of your town or
to highlight the blue & red colors of the flag.  Most of all, do not forget
your Haitian flag.

2- Entertainment Update
We want to emphasize that this event is a picnic and not a typical Music
Festival.  Entertainment is only a part of the day's activities and we are
working on a very diverse entertainment program for all ages. At this time,
we are very close to finalizing the list of entertainers. As of know, the
following performers have been confirmed.

The featured performers are:
- Septentrional - coming directly from Haiti.
- Sweet Micky
- System Band
- Djarara - animating the famous "band Rara"
Other scheduled performers include:
- Solo artists "Krys" and Lady "G" from Philadelphia
- "Deja Vu" dance troupe
- The group Summer
- Haitian Rapper "Lurocmore"
- All day animation by "RockMasters Entertainment" DJs
- and others.

3- Vendors
We have a great number of vendors and exhibitors who will be present,
selling
or displaying various products or services.  Those present will have the
opportunity to savor delicious Haitian food from Claude paradise, Chez Toto,
Kreyol paradise restaurants and from various specialty food vendors, such as
lambi boucannin, bega, etc. not to forget tropical fruits and ice cream.
Others will include arts & crafts, Jewelry, Home decor etc. etc.
You are welcomed to bring food, but we encourage you to take advantage of
the
many food vendors that will be available at the park.
We still have vendors space available. If you are interested on being one,
just drop us an email.

4- Special services:
There will be many social and health services available by non profit
organizations. We specially want you to take advantage of the free high
blood
pressure screening service that will bye presented by EMG services.
Counseling ad advice on various issues will be provided by HAFALI (Haitian
Family services of Long Island).  Are you interested in being a NYC police
officer? Then check out the HALEFO (Haitian law enforcement officers) booth.
And don't forget to have your souvenir pictures taken by Jacky Photo.

5- Ticket purchases
Tickets will be available at different locations 2 weeks prior to the event.
Group advanced purchase can be done starting next week at $10 per person. A
minimum of 10 tickets is required for advanced sale. Just send us an email
or
call us at the numbers below.  Children 6 years and younger are free.

6- Travel
Air travel information and driving directions can be obtained on the web
site
at <A
HREF="http://www.rockmasters.com/haitianday/";>www.rockmasters.com/haitianday/</A>.
There are many tour buses that are being planned to bring people to the
picnic from Brooklyn and from other states. Info will be posted when
available.
BUS From Philadelphia
If you are coming from Philadelphia area, there will be a bus leaving at
8:00AM fro Caribbean Island Shop at 405 North 63rd street. Please contact
Mario at 215-472-5135 or 610-453-0117

7- Sponsors
Special thank to all our current sponsors:
Unitransfer, PromoBank in Haiti, Moment Creole (WLIB1190AM), Haiti
Observateur, Cafe Rebo, Cola Choucoune, Kompamania.com, Haitixchance.com,
Heritagekonpa.com, Haitiwebs.com, Baldwin Financial services, Duch Travel
agency, All Care Medical & Rehab, Radio Soleil, La Baguette bakery.

It's not to late to join the list of proud sponsor.  Just drop us an e-mail.

- Remember to regularly visit the Official web site at <A
HREF="www.Rockmasters.com/haitianday/">
www.Rockmasters.com/haitianday</A>.

- Contact us at: 718-341-9697, 718-9787912, 917-312-1109, 917-882-2244,
917-7709620

- Remember to forward this newsletter to all your acquaintances in your
address book.

Sincerely;

The HAFAD Picnic committee

To be removed from future mailing, send e-mail to <A
HREF="mailto:remove@rockmasters.com";>remove@rockmasters.com</A> with
the word "Remove" in the subject line.