John Corbett's gang of Forest Park scavengers! Brother Bob adds

From: John Corbett <corbettj@swbell.net>

Thank God that the post war kids didn't know about the buried bombs in the
park.  We would have carried foxhole shovels with us when we explored our
'backyard'.

John

John, you ring another memory bell.  There wasn't a young guy in Dogtown
who didn't have one of those small folding foxhole shovels after WWII.
Our main use seemed to have been in Cooke's Field, but not exclusively.

We'll have to do a whole thread on the foxhole shovel one of these days,
or did you just start that one?

Brother Bob