12587: Help for Sailors!! (fwd)

From: jacqualine labrom <voyageslumiere@haitelonline.com>

Just thought my fellow Corbeteers might like to know that I am now the
Honorary Representative in Haiti for the British and International Sailor's
Society.

The Society recently helped a Haitian sailor - Philome Guerrier, who lost
both of his legs in a tragic accident in Poole Harbour (England).  The BISS
Chaplaincy team provided regular care for him and looked after his practical
and spiritual needs dueing the time he was receiving medical attention at
Poole General Hospital.  The Society launched an appeal to raise £5000
(pounds sterling) to bring his wife over from Haiti, one of the poorest
countries in the world and raised in excess of £20,000 (pounds sterling).
American Airlines generously donated the flights.  Philome and Adelrose have
been granted the use of a house in Poole. The funds collected will now be
used to assist Philome's continuing rehabilitation and for him to plan for
his future.

Jacqui Labrom

VOYAGES LUMIERE

CHECK OUT MY NEW WEBSITE on: www.voyageslumierehaiti.com

'Journeys for the enlightened traveller'
'Voyages pour le touriste éclairé'
'Los viajes para el turista iluminado'

Please note my new office/home phone number
249-6177 + cell phone 557-0753