12625: Polis and zenglendo en la rue (fwd)

From: J.David <list@lyalls.net>

"Police and Thieves in the Street" is a song by the Clash
in their early glorious days.

Many people think  that it is difficult to tell them
apart here.

Now it appears that the difference is that the Polis are afraid to
enforce their will. That will is supposed to be that of the
people, to ensure domestic tranquility.

Gonaive hasn't been tranquil for a long time now.
Half of the time when I drive through on that abandoned highway
there are manifestation closing the road. Manifestations
BURNING UP the road, of course.
Wasn't the proximate cause of the flight of Jean Claude an
uprising in Gonaives? There seems to have been more uprising
in Lavalas Gonaives than under J.Claudism.

What are all these polis for if they abandon a city of
hundreds of thousands of citizens to a gang of zenglendo.
That gang was formerly an enforcer mob for the Fanmi, true.
Their automatic weapons were probably supplied to them by
the Mayor.

Hundreds of polis are stopping cars to check carte assurance
every day, all over the country. They won't check the springs
of the kamyon or autobus or do anything actually useful.

How about making those thousands of terrified polis fill
some potholes?

> Police fled Gonaives after the jailbreak Friday, and
> residents locked themselves in their homes as automatic
> gunfire rang in the streets. People burned down city hall
> and the courthouse, and authorities acknowledged they had
> lost control of the town.

=====
J. David Lyall,
http://www.lyalls.net/