12674: Re: 12657: Re: Haiti's immutable laws (fwd)

From: Lois E Wilcken <makandal-ny@juno.com>

I just went to the web site that links to the Miami Herald (easy to find
with a good search engine), and I sent a response to the editor.  The
opening content of Dan Bohning's article is completely offensive,
although nothing new.  It feeds into the racist, elitist characterization
of Haitians as people who just can't function.  It doesn't take a genius
to know that there are very good reasons for the instability in Haiti.
"Nothing logical ever happens" is propaganda.  It's truly harmful at the
head of an article, beyond which most readers do not venture.

It's obvious that "three decades covering Haiti" does not assure
understanding.

Lois

La Troupe Makandal - New York City's Center for Haitian Drum and Dance
621 Rutland Road, Brooklyn NY 11203
718-953-6638 / makandal-ny@juno.com
www.makandal.org