12694: [hss] ::: Haitian Family Day Picnic ::: Update ::: in Elmont, NY

From: Les Nouvelles PromoInter <promointer-mail@intermediahaiti.com>
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Haitian Family Day Picnic
August 31, 2002
10:00AM to 7:00PM
Belmont Race Track Park
Elmont, NY

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

ALL HAITIANS Representing
Port-au-Prince, Cap Haitien, St Marc, Gonaives, Miragoane, Leogane, Grand Goave, Les Cayes, Port de Paix, Jeremie, Petit Goave, Petion ville, Carrefour, Bas Peu de Choses, Cotes de fer, Ouanaminte, Archaie, Etc... Etc...
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Welcome to the second edition of the "Haitian Family Day" (HAFAD2002) Picnic newsletter. Our objective is to continue to inform you of the latest developments on this great event uniting all Haitians on August 31, 2002, at Belmont racetrack park in NY.

Topic covered in this issue:

1- General Comments about this event.
2- Belmont Racetrack Park Facility
3- Entertainment update
4- Shopping at HAFAD2002
5- Tickets information
6- Our list of proud sponsors grows
7- Let's get the word out to all Haitians

1-General comments
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Less than four weeks left to the big day when Haitian from all over the globe will converge on New York to represent their town of origin in Haiti, and to unite in the festive atmosphere of HAFAD2002, the great Haitian Family Day picnic. As the name implies, and as we continue to emphasize, this event not a typical music festival where Konpa fans come to wait and listen to line up of bands after bands play music. Most often many of the bands promised were not on the schedule or do not show up, as we see happen in many such festivals. Our event is a picnic with top notch entertainment, a Haitian reunion, a day to bring out the family, rekindle old friendships, make new friends and the bottom line, HAVE A TON OF FUN.

2- Belmont Racetrack Park Facility
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Belmont Park is located within the perimeters of the famous Belmont Race track properties. This beautiful park can easily accommodate 10,000 to 15,000 people. The nicely designed and landscaped park, reveals luxurious marble picnic tables and benches covered with shade from a multitude of tall trees, which make it pleasant even on a very hot day. There is playground for the kids and parking facilities that can handle over 3,000 cars.
We encourage families and groups to come early to get their choice of a nice picnic area close to the action or at a remote quiet location. Gates open at 10:00AM

3- Entertainment update.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
The entertainment program continues to evolve. The following performances have been added to the program:

- The group Top Vice featuring its latest hit "Let's make love tonight" by Robert Charlot. The group is currently having a successful tour of the Caribbean and will be back in town for its only NY outdoor performance at HAFAD2002
- We have also added a fashion show featuring the beautiful and sexy models of Huslaz Omerta Entertainment.
- Cultural dance performance by the Davivada dancers.
- Also performance by a new upcoming group, the H-K Family and by the group Zel from Florida
- Our previously announced featured performers, including Sweet Micky, System Band, Djarara and now Top Vice will give you a show to remember.
- The group Septentrional previously scheduled to appear is doubtful because of a change in the band's touring schedule.
- We have extended an invitation to Wycleff Jean. But we do not have any confirmation as of now.
- Keep checking our site "HAFAD2002" for additions and changes to the program.

4- Shopping at HAFAD 2002
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Our list of vendors and the variety of items that will be available for sales continues to grow. We encourage you to travel light and take advantage of the food vendors that will be available. However for the great shopping opportunities that will be on hand, don't forget to bring some spare cash to support the effort of all our vendors who will be selling items such as art works, valuable paintings, jewelry, CDs, books, home decor, antiques, wedding accessories, T-shirts, etc. So come ready for great shopping - "Flea market Style".

5- Ticket Info
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Tickets for the picnic are now available for group purchase by mail and will soon be available at tickets locations in NY. These are your options.
PURCHASE BY MAIL
- Group purchase by mail requires a minimum purchase of 10 tickets at $10 a piece and MUST be done before August 15.
To order by mail, please call 718-341-9697 or 917-312-1109
TICKETS LOCATIONS
Tickets will also be available in 3 locations in NY starting August 15 at $10.
Queens: Micheline de Paris 718-276-9775
Brooklyn: Zin Production: 718-469-9530
Upstate in New Rochelle: 914-632-7002
AT THE GATE
You can buy tickets at the gate the day of the event. Remember that children 6 and under are free.

6- Our list of proud sponsors grows
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
We have added many businesses and organizations to our list of proud sponsors. The list now includes:

Unitransfer, PromoBank in Haiti, Moment Creole (WLIB1190AM), Western union, TV5 (USA), Haiti Observateur, Cafe Rebo, Sakapfet.com, Fouye.com, Kompamania.com, Haitixchance.com, Heritagekonpa.com, Haitiwebs.com, Baldwin Financial services, Duch Travel agency, All Care Medical & Rehab, Radio Soleil, Nouveau Manoir, Solange Variete, Harlem style beauty, Little Flower Childhood center, Caribbean voice, Anolis Vert club.

7- Let's get the word out to all Haitians
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
We have done our best to deliver the message about this event to all Haitians via e-mail, Internet web sites, Newspapers, radio, TV, flyers and postal mailing. We now ask for your support by passing the word out by the means available to you. One of the easiest and most effective way to accomplish this, is to forward this e-mail to everyone in your address book.
- Haitians support Haitians, let's all do our part to make Haitian Family Day (HAFAD2002), the great event that it is designed to be.
- Click on your "Forward icon" now.....

DO NOT forget to visit the Official picnic web site at http://www.rockmasters.com/haitianday/.

Sincerely, and until the next issue of HAFAD2002 newsletter.

Jean Claude Elie
HAFAD Picnic committee
http://www.rockmasters.com/haitianday/
haitianday@rockmasters.com
Blue & Red are the colors of the day

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
This message on behalf of "The Haitian Family Day Picnic 2002" is brought to you by:

The PromoInter News
http://www.intermediahaiti.com/subscribe-pb/
News from PromoBank Haiti

PromoChange ExPress
http://www.promointer.net/pi-change-fr/
For All of Your Foreign Exchange Needs

PromoInter
http://www.promointer.net
The International Net Service of PromoBank Haïti