12722: Comment on Congress Goss's comments: Corbett adds

From: JJEANPIERRE1@aol.com

Earlier we got this ranter from anti-Haitian US House Representative (FL)
Peter Goss, now another anti-Haiti intervention from US Ambassador Luis
Lauredo to the OAS (both by the way are dated year 2000).
Frankly, I am getting tired of those US officials -and their Haitian
helpers-who use Aristide as a pretext to openly express their hatred of my country
andits people.

Too bad the Haitian government did nor have the spine to arrest those
Convergence "Conzes" when on February 7, 2001 they broke the law by
forming a parallel government.

Could IRI's Stanley Lucas do better than this regurgitation?

----------------

Corbett adds:  Even Ambassador Lauredo wrote in to ask what in the world
could be the relevance NOW of a piece from the year 2000.

Those were my fault.  I've been working hard these past two weeks to
demand a source and sending a number of post back for them.  But, in
watching for that I missed the year.

Okay, I will work harder on that, and will even be very hesitant to post
items more than a couple of days old since I have an EXTREMLY poor memory
and can't remember when things have been posted more than once, especially
after a couple of days.  I'll try to be sure the "news" items are more
current and only posted once.

Very sorry about that.

I would also ask list members to please be more reasonable and polite to
other members and simply not send in things which have been posted or even
LIKELY to have been posted.  Again, I'm getting older and memory is
a real problem, so I would ask you to exercise caution and restraint.

Thanks,

Bob Corbett