12787: Truth, Lies and Press releases -- Corbett adds

From: J.David <his_voidness@yahoo.com>

> Corbett adds:  Even Ambassador Lauredo wrote in to ask what in the
> world
> could be the relevance NOW of a piece from the year 2000.

Frankly I am sick of this mailing list being used in
propaganda battles.

I would like ALL press releases and ALL quotes of politicians
to be banned from the list. All official representatives of
whatever political organization should ideally be prevented
from re-phrasing this stuff, altho that would require the
return of Cato.

Apparently the IRI representative has now been officially
found guilty of mis-representing press releases. Let him
post his own personal views, but nothing else.

This used to be the "Corbett Village" and I felt that these
were friends of mine conversing, even tho we never met.

Within the past year we have had people beaten up in PauP for their
PERSONAL opinions expressed on the list, not for regurgitating
official political lines.

I'd like to see those apparatchiks
who hate the truth be subjected to a little truth squad discipline.
This includes Lavalas apparat as well, in my mind.

===============================

Corbett adds.  I did chuckly at J. David's comments, and some of
the feelings were attractive to me, but I think the solution is simply
much more careful attending on my part.

I'm working on being more careful, demanding date and source of stories,
keeping old posts in my sent-mail box for about 2 weeks and simply posting
no items of that sort more than about 10 days old unless it is OBVIOUSLY
new to the list and important.

But, I have lots going on and I'm more and less watchful and people do
take advantage of that for reasons I never understand.  Who would really
READ any of that stuff more than once?  And if so, how would the reading
of it work in the interest of the poster since it would just make me
angry that they posted such stuff more than once!!!!

Oh well, we'll survive even this.

Bob