12788: Re: 12788: Lynn Garrison's:Voodoo Politics-Dorce responds (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 8/19/02 5:00:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Robert Lawless
<robert.lawless@wichita.edu>writes:

<< Garrison (at great length) tried to inform Clinton of this generally
 unrecognized truth but was unceremoniously ignored. Garrison portrays
 himself as a major player in nearly every significant event in Haiti. Has
 anyone done a review of this book? Does anyone know what Garrison is up to
 now?  >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
While I wouldn't stoop to read this piece of trash (the book...garbage in,
garbage out) much less, support Garrison's pathetic attempt at self
aggrandizement and the "voodoo spin" on Haitian politics by purchasing it,
please allow me to comment on Robert Lawless' parting question.

I may be a victim of paranoia and I could even be accused of overestimating
the impact of my meager posts on this list....but you tell me if this is a
coincidence or not.  I had occasion last year to tell two people, involved in
Haitian politics, about an art show I would be attending in San Jose,
California on Labor Day weekend.  Just in passing, not for any other
reason....very casual.  Our booth was in the center of the street facing the
sidewalk, with a large expanse of street in between for people to parade
down, looking at the art displays.  I was sitting on the sidewalk, out of the
way, with my sister and her husband.  My husband was in the booth talking to
customers.  All of a sudden, he called me over and I went to the booth to
find out what he was so agitated about.  He pointed to a man walking away and
he said, "That was Lynn Garrison!!"  I can tell you that this was stunning
news to me.  First of all what is that weasel doing in San middle of nowhere
Jose???  And he acted like he didn't know who Martino is.....and he does
know; he even knows who I am and has mentioned me to a mutual "friend" (not
in flattering terms either!).  SO...is this guy a CIA opperative?  And if so
what does he want with me?  And if not...what is he doing in San Jose on the
same weekend I am there...you can see that I might be excused for being quite
upset and paranoid.  Don't you?  As for where he is right now.....I do not
know.....but Labor Day is coming again!  I'll let you know if there are any
sightings...

FYI...Lynn Garrison used to run a Haitian Art Gallery named Yellow Bird in
Santa Monica before he became the most important man in Haiti.  This is how
he knew of me and my husband, who is a Haitian artist and pretty well known
in California.

Kathy Dorce (is there anyone following me???)~