12783: Election is the only way to change Government in a democratic country (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Tomorrow the Georgians will go to the poll to select
the two contenders for the Fall election without any
pressure. This is democracy at its best. Tomorrow at 8
PM we will know the two contenders in various
districts specially in district 4 where the
republicans would likely vote for the opponent of the
incumbent democrat. Fair game and it is legal.
Nobody can there defy any American choice and why we
cannot respect the Haitian choice. Who are we to
impose our will on others? Who are we to say that so
and so is not qualified to become president? Well my
friends, election is an open contest, the person who
can persuade the voters whether he/she is a crook or
not will get elected.
Any candidate can win. If you are against someone for
whatever reason: vote against him/her but boycotting
an election is not acceptable.

In any contest there would be winners and losers; the
winners take office and the losers just have to wait
for another five years. The change of any democratic
government shall be done in the voting booth, the
people must decide.
We democrat must respect the people choice. If anyone
called him/herself a democrat you should respect the
legitimacy of the Haitian president. You had seen the
mess in Florida, but this did not stop the country
from moving forward.
Haiti also has its own laws and the international
community should respect it. It won’t be right to
deprive the current Haitian president the presidency.
For the respect of democracy he should finish his
term.
Whatever agreement, whatever compromises the Haitian
president must be part of any deal and he should
remain president.
I know losing is tough but that’s life. And you just
have to deal with it my friends.

The legitimacy of the current Haitian president is not
negotiable; however, he should form a coalition
government to help the country.
 Give him that respect and ask him politely. I call
for an end of this nonsense negotiation; the Haitian
president shall make the call not the OAS. Sorry
folks: wrong territory.
During that mess in Florida OAS could not even talk
about any irregularities and the American people would
not tolerate that.
Whether the current Haitian president knows what he is
doing or not, that’s not my concern, he was voted in
office to make critical decision, he is the only one
and on his own term to form a coalition government.
Anyone who wants to be in that position to make
critical decision for the Haitian people can do so in
three years, you should go directly to the people.
Period.

Without any doubt the gentleman would be elected in
any open, free and fair election in the country. The
constitution has put a limitation on him already, he
cannot seek a third term. The opposition may choose to
collaborate or stay out, lately they had wanted the
number 2 post, they should ask Mr. Aristide politely
for that favor not the OAS. (OAS can’t do crap (hint:
this organization is used to implement U.S. policy))
Haiti is an independent country, U.S. policy is not
our concern and we Haitians don’t give a … about the
U.S. administration. When General Collins Powell
Speaks, he talks for the American people not for us. I
believe American people had voted for Mr. Bush and
Haitian people had voted for Mr. Aristide. Period. If
Gore wants to seek office he has to wait as well as
these folks in Haiti.
For the interest of the country, Mr. Aristide should
form a coalition government and give the number 2 post
to a neutral person.

Senou