12812: 12809: Re: 12804: Re: 12789: relief in the bateys or in hayti orfor the poverty i... (fwd)

From: Matt Ray <mray@novell.com>

Interesting that you should bring this up.   I knew a man in Croix des Bouquets who claimed this very thing.   Thanks for the insight and bringing it to my memory.   He, of course, told me that the powder actually ate his leg.   He mentioned nothing of amputation, just that his leg had been eaten up by the powder.

Matt

From: MKarshan@aol.com

Absent from your long list of why there are so many amputees was the belief
that one may of stepped on powder and want the leg aputated before the powder
spreads up.  I wonder what percent of amputees this accounts for.