12833: Re: 12827: More on Aristide's person (fwd)

From: MariLinc@aol.com

Corbetters,

Stanley Honorat wrote:

<< pardon my apparent error in terms on the "no earthly posses[s]ions"
stat[e]ment [I] used.  [M]y question still stands though, how has he amassed
the fortune that he now possesses? >>

I write:

The Bible says that a workman is worthy of his hire.

Don't forget, also, that Aristide married into a "good" family. And don't
forget that the U.S. Government "funded" his "exile" (ad infinitum???)

I don't think he's doing anything different today than any other Haitian
Head-of-State has ever done (maybe even to a lesser degree!) with $$$ which
has passed through his office / personal hands.

Remember this: The only Foreign Aid allotments which have reached Haiti in
recent years have been earmarked specifically for "carefully selected /
deemed eligible" America-Friendly NGOs, intentionally bypassing all Haitian
Governmental processes.

Very little has gone through the hands or treasury of the duly-elected
Haitian Government of y2k!

So, IF ANYTHING, the Aristide Government is guilty of LESS "Government
Treasury Theft" of any government which ever preceded him!

Whatever Aristide has done to "stay alive" and "keep his country alive"
during this 21st century version of the "Major Powers' Embargo Against Haiti"
(MPEAH) (which has been going on since the Haitian Revolution) is miniscule
in comparison to what the Duvaliers, their predecessors, and their
still-alive cohorts and successors (who still wish to build upon their
personal fortunes and retirement benefits to the detriment of the Haitian
People) took / still take / wish to take into their personal bank accounts
long into the future!

All in the name of "Democratic Oppositional Processes" [DOP; wish I could
come up with a fourth word to add to the title to reduce the acronym to DOPE
(double entendre fully intended!)]!

Fault me for being an "outsider" who doesn't know what's going on.

The problem with me, however, is that I've truly been an "outsider" at one
level: I've not been on the payroll of any of the people who have extended
Haiti's misery.

But, I've NOT been an outsider when it comes to "natif-natal" Haitians
telling me what they really believe to be happening to their nation!

I'm bleeding inside, just as the Haitian People are bleeding inside.

What's next? An overt bloodbath?

Corbetters, let's TOGETHER "get a life"! And let's get our heads together to
stave off such a bloodbath!

Haiti doesn't deserve this!

Marilyn Mason

Marilyn Mason