12835: Re: 12825: Haitian events in Chicago Land area (fwd)

From: Reginald Chevalier <rchevalier@winstar.com>

"Haitian events in Chicago Land area"

I used to leave in Chicago, now in LA. There's not really a big community
there like in Miami and New York.
But the biggest concentration of Haitians is around  the Evanston area and
North Chicago.
Here on LA I'm trying to get things going by getting a mailing list and get
as many Haitians in it as I can, and
invite them to different events.ie ( soccer games, Plays (The revolution of
HAiti), concerts etc.)
I also host a show on cable: Eye on the Caribbean that reach 20000 viewers
each week.
I know it's a tough crowd but you have to do what you have to do.

Good Luck, Regi