12825: elections (fwd)

From: Kimberly De Wind <miss_dewind@hotmail.com>

[s.honorat]: "the fact that the elections of 200 were fraudulent and that
therefore the current government is not acceptable."
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
[dorce's reply]: "This is not a fact. This is your fervent wish but it is
not a fact"

[Dorce...followed by] "If you were honest with yourself, you would admit
that Aristide is the people's choice. He was then, and I suspect that if
there were an election today and he were eligible to run, he would win
again. His presidency is not acceptable to YOU."

[i say] "This is not a fact. This is your fervent wish but is not a fact"
(dorce, 2002)

hooo hummm do i smell hypocrisy here? :o Dorce unless you can totally prove
to me that Aristide can win total Haitian support from all groups i do hope
you practice what you preach. No point criticising other's for doing the
same thing you are doing doncha reckon?

anyway...since im on the topic of elections, are these elections compulsory
to all citizens of Haiti? Out of the total population how many actually
vote? Sometimes elections are a very hazy appreciation of the needs of what
the entire population wants when only a fraction are able to vote and want
to vote. I have never thought secondly about elections where i come from,
but judging from here, i know it is extremely important that every single
Haitian citizen (exlud children and those below 18) understands the
importance of their vote and in uninfluenced by political parties to sway
their vote.

Then again...if that doesn't work...maybe we should be looking to going back
to feudal times?

On a different aspect, there was a post regarding the situation of the
restarvek children of Haiti. Does anyone know of the current population of
the restarvek children? or a url about this issue?

cheers!

from the writers corner

mz`Lulu