12826: stanley honorat re:12810 more on aristide (fwd)

From: stanley honorat honorat <shonorat@hotmail.com>

interesting how some people can cast off information with a wave of the hand
when it does not suit them, yet make baseless claims such as "If you were
honest with yourself, you would admit that Aristide is the
people's choice.  He was then, and I suspect that if there were an election
today and he were eligible to run, he would win again.  His presidency is
not acceptable to YOU."  some of us make sure we can back up our
"allegations" before we make them.  also, the same way some of us can find
the information to make our "alleagtions", you can also find the truth out
for yourself instead of waiting for me to "share it with you".  bref.
you want proof, here you go for a start.  first of all as to my "claim" of
aristide using state funds for his personal use, see HAITIAN FRUSTRATIONS:
Dilemmas for a US Policy, ed by georges fauriol.  on page 107, the report
states (and i quote) "aristide was also helped by the funding he received
from the U.S. government.  by november 1991, aristide had arranged with the
bush administration to receive monthly payments of aproximately $50,000 to
his expenses and his small government-in-exile's payroll.  the money was
taken out of the haitian government bank accounts that were frozen in the
united states be presidential executive order.  most noteworthy was an
account owned by the haitian telephone company.  this account was
replenished monthly by regular payments from us international traffic
carriers of $2million to $2.5 million.  by early 1992, aristide was
demanding and receiving $1 million a month for his needs.  eventually, the
state department authorized payments to aristide of aproximately $5 million
every calender quarter.
in addition to providing for aristide and his government, the funds were
used to hire attorneys, public relations help, and consultants..."  notes to
add. 1-this answers the q of whether he was "funded" by the us government.
2-he used the funds to hire attorney's and lobbying firms for personal use
(i seem to remember reading complaint about jc duvalier using state funds
for the same reason). 3-no accountability has ever been given for the use of
these funds.  4-note that, apparently,his wife worked for one of the firms
that he hired and is still on retainer as a consultant (if this is true, is
that not a conflict of interest?).  one of many examples...
as for his having violated the constitution,  there r plenty of examples of
this.  i will point out one or two here, and continue later on.  1-article 7
of the current constitution states personality cult is outlawed. the
effigies, name of living persons cannot appear on money, stamps, etc.  same
goes for buildings, monuments, roads, and works of art.
now there r several glaring violations of this article.  in the vast
majority of state offices (if not all, but they may have missed one or two)
there is at least one huge portrait of mr aristide, if not more. secondly on
the "place of the constitution" on the Champs de Mars, his name has been
engraved on the plaque dedicated to the constitution of 1801.
article 141- the president, after senate approval, publishes a decree naming
the commander in chief of the army, the chief of police, and ambassadors.
two cases (suffice it to say that there r more, but this should make the
point)  include the naming of the current police chief (nesly lucien) prior
to having senate approval and doing the same for robert saballat (now
deceased) to an ambassadors post several years past.
article 21- the crime of high treason consists of fighting for a foreign
army against this republic, serving a foreign nation in conflict with this
republic, stealing funds of the state and any violations of the constitution
by those who are sworn to protect it.
aristide, as president, is sworn to protect the constitution, and, if found
guilty of violationg it can be found guilty of high treason.  fyi- artcle
21-1 states the sentence as life with hard labor.
now, as for my "allegations" about his fortune, there reports that his
fortune is estimated at $800 million (see haiti observateur for this past
week or el caribe for 23-8-02)... (more info to come on this subject. by the
way, his aides don't deny the report, they simply state that his fortune
comes from author's right's for his books.  if someone believes that, i
think i may be able to sell them the golden gate bridge.

ps-someone spoke about the allegations by evans paul, namely that aristide
purchased a luxurious ranch in taiwan.  its interesting to note that as soon
as he stated that aristide has the legal option to sue him if he (k plim) is
slandering, all of the rhetoric stopped.  no one seems to be calling his
bluff.  draw ur own conclussions there