12870: Re: 12810: Re: 12807: Lynn Garrison replies (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

Mark Gill <drgill@clas.net> wrote:

<<Lynn

you have to accept that you are a villian by those who want to believe thatAristide is what he was supposed to be... >>

Ahem!  I'd just like to interject one little note - if Lynn Garrison is regarded as a "villian", it is less because of the character of Aristide and more because of the character of the military regime of 1991 - 1994, which Garrison openly supported.  The Haitian Army was far, far from "what it was supposed to be" - namely, a loyal military in support of constitutionally elected government.

I would like to ask Mr. Garrison a direct question.  I admit I haven't had a chance to read his book, although I have no problem with reading it or even buying a copy - the marketplace of ideas is much freer than Haiti was under the regime Garrison supported, God knows.

Mr. Garrison!  Why do you use the term "Voodoo Politics".  Specifically, what do you intend by the term "voodoo"?  I would appreciate a serious answer.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian proverb

The VODOU Page - http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html