12875:Re: 12823: Re: 12816: Re: Lavalas and corruption; Simidor

From: NLaleau@aol.com

A lot of the people on Bob's list have already been--and continue to be in
some
cases--actively involved in Haiti... probably many if not most of them
would
like nothing better than to return to Haiti and give it their all... many
have
tried. Probably many (if not all) of the Tenth Department would like
nothing
better than to return to Haiti with their families, their skills, their
savings, etc., and try to rebuild the country. Many have tried, and
returned to
the USA bankrupt and brokenhearted. What is to be done? I wish I knew. I
don't
think the problem rests within the people, and I don't think the Haitian
people
by themselves can solve it either. It's part of a far bigger international
issue, and has always been part of that issue. The comprador bourgeoisie
doesn't help, neither do the opportunists of all political stripes.
nlaleau