12892: Re: 12819:No Elite Class in Haiti...Dorce to Nadal (fwd)

From: LAKAT47@aol.com

In a message dated 8/24/02 6:40:41 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Olivier Nadal
<o_nadal@bellsouth.net> writes:

<< For your information please note that the haitian elite does not exist.This
 has always been demagogy used by crooked politicians.You have many haitian
 families that have received a  good education from all social classes. >>
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

No one is buying this.  Of course there is an elite....not in the true sense
of course....they are less than elite.....in fact less than average, in my
book.  They may not call themselves elite, they may say "educated in Europe"
or something like that.  No one is making up the huge socioeconomic and
political gap between the elites and the rest of Haitians.  It exists and the
gap needs to be less dramatic.  You never experienced the disdain and
revulsion of those well off, towards their less fortunate countrymen?  I'm
sure you know exactly what I'm talking about.  There is an elite.....there
has always been an elite.  And what middle class there is, tries desperately
to be like them rather than like the poor.  If you don't speak
French.....it's the kiss of death.  If it wasn't choking the country to
death, it would be laughable.  As it is, it's morally repugnant.  If your
agenda isn't political, what is it??

Kathy Dorce~